Sunday, November 20, 2011

Only 4 Days Left!!!

Well this was the big outside light weekend.  We were threatened with rain all weekend but luckily it held off until Sunday afternoon. 

Saturday we were able to get the house finished off and all the major projects in the yard completed.  Most of the lawn decorations were built and put out.  Hardly any of the electrical is done and all the strings of lights still have to go out but we finished the day pleased with the progress.

Sunday was supposed to be rain starting at 9 a.m. so I wasn't sure if I would be able to get out and get everything completed.  Fortunately the rain held off until almost 2 o'clock so I was able to get all the remaining figurines built and out.  All items are out with the exception of all the strings of lights for the bushes and lawn.  I was able to get about 75% of the electrical hooked up.  The last hour I worked in the light rain but eventually I had to give into the rain.  Just something about electrical and rain didn't seem to be mixing well together!

I do have several pieces that arent lighting up for some reason.  I built a fake tree out of green lights and all the strings worked when I put them up but now it won't light.  I also didn't check the santa runway lights or the see saw and both of those are out so I've got some additional work to do.

Later in the evening the wind picked up and the rain just poured down and flooded some of the yard.  I refuse to go out and look, I'll have to cringe when I leave for work in the morning.

Now unfortunately I work straight thru all week so I will have limited time to get everything set.  I'll work in the dark a little Tuesday and Wednesday if I get home early enough and then Thursday I should be home by 2 or 3 so I can hopefully finish up hooking everything up and getting everything to work.  Looks like trees, bushes, and lawn lights might not get 100% complete until the weekend but you never know!

Here are a few pictures of work in progress from the last couple of days -


This was right after the rain set in!


Check out my new Helicopter!  It was my birthday present on Friday, of course that meant my husband had to go up and figure out how to attach it to the roof line :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment