Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Countdown to Thanksgiving has Begun....

With just 16 days left until Thanksgiving my Christmas decorating on the outside officially began yesterday.  With this years Thanksgiving one of the earliest we've had in years it really cuts down on the decorating days.  Since I do such a huge display inside AND outside I really can't afford those lost days.

Usually all outside decorations are done the two weekends prior to Thanksgiving but due to conflicting commitments we had to shift to working on the lights during the week.  I was fortunate to be able to take a weeks vacation, an entire week to just put out Christmas!

We were able to get quite a bit done Monday 11/5.  Here are a few pictures of our progress -

All lights are up on the eaves to the house.  We do both multi-colored icicles and multi colored C6 LED's around all roof lines.

The front entrance garland is up along with the handmade wreath over the door.

Our figurines all light up and are in place.

We typically don't change the house lights very much.  I'm fortunate that my husband will still put up the lights for me and he does not like change!  So, in order to get lights up high, I don't mind keeping them the same.  I did change up lights for around the window/shutters.

In after Christmas sales last year I found some great LED C9's that change from green to red.  They look great.  I have enough to go around the garage and both front windows so they should look great.  It's always best to add some motion to your house.


Tuesday we had a late start but all electrical for the house is done, trimmed back the yard and raked up all those darn leaves (tree's are still full so this could get fun!) and I placed LED icicle lights on the long fence line.

Stay tuned, I'll try to post progress daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment